Certified Organic Kale is available by the bunch. Kale is King when it comes to its nutritional value.
It's easy to add it to your daily diet. Add to salads, combine it with other greens and create a warm salad, roast it, snack on it by making kale chips and juice it in smoothies.
The low down on Kale
- Kale has a incredibly low calorie content, and eating more kale is a great way to dramatically increase the total nutrients in your diet.
- Kale is extremely high in vitamin C. A cup of raw kale actually contains more vitamin C than an orange.
- Kale contains substances that bind bile acids and lower cholesterol levels in the body. Lightly cooked kale is particularly effective.
- Vitamin K is an important nutrient that is involved in blood clotting. A single cup of kale contains 7 times the RDA for vitamin K.
- Many important minerals are found in kale, some of which are generally lacking in the modern diet. These include calcium, potassium and magnesium.
- Kale is high in lutein and zeaxanthin, nutrients that have been linked to a drastically reduced risk of macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Kale is a popular option for those watching their weight