We are still in abundance of organic peanuts so we have been getting creative with recipes! We are particularly enjoying this satay sauce recipe, drizzled over stir-fry, fried veg and chicken, and tofu burgers.
What you'll need:
- 1 tsp Three Olives Olive Oil
- 1/2 a cup of organic peanuts
- 1/2 a cup of filtered water
- 1/4 of a lemon
- 2 Tbsp onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp of Churchfarm Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Ceres Organics Wheat Free Tamari Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Ceres Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 tsp honey
Place the peanuts in a food processor or blender and let it run for 4-5 minutes. You will see the peanuts go in stages from crumbs to a dry ball to a smooth and creamy “liquid” peanut butter. Stir in the sugar and any additional salt, if you want.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add the onion and fry until translucent. Add garlic and cook until aromatic. Remove from heat.
Add your home made peanut butter in the saucepan and stir until well combined. Heat over a low burner and add the water, honey and lemon. Leave on heat until the sauce becomes thick and gooey!