We love Veggie Skewers on the BBQ. The can also be cooked on the grill or in the oven. You can use any of your favourite veggies, just make sure they have the same cook time
- 2 tablespoons of Tweed Real Food, Louisiana BBQ Rub
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Swiss Mushrooms
- Fresh rosemary/thyme (to serve)
- Tweed Real Food Bourbon Maple Splash
Other veggies that work well include corn, par-cooked potato, pumpkin, beetrrot or sweet potato
- Soak approximately 8-12 wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes. Note. The total number of skewers will vary depending on several factors, such as the size of each vegetable and the size of your vegetable pieces.
- Prepare the vegetables for the skewers. For each onion, first peel, then slice in half. Chop each half into thirds, as if you were cutting a pizza (6 total pieces from one onion). Seed and chop each capsicum into approximately 1-inch by 1-inch pieces. Finally, chop the zucchini into rounds.
- Skewer the vegetables by alternating and brush skewers with a light layer of olive oil.
- Cut Garlic in half and baste with oil.
- Grind the Tweed Real Food Louisiana BBQ Rub rub in a mortar and pestle, or grinder for a finer consistency and sprinkle over vegetables and garlic on the cut side.
- Preheat grill or BBQ to medium-high heat. Once hot, add skewers and garlic to plate or grill for approximately 5-8 minutes per side.
Note - want a different flavour? You can also substitute this rub with other delicious versions from the Tweed Real Food Company