- 1 kg smallish carrots
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 orange (juice)
- 4 tbsp Bourbon Maple Splash tablespoons
- 1 tbs of soft brown or coconut sugar (optional)
- Salt and cracked pepper
- Tyme or other herbs to infuse
- Wash, peel and blanch carrots for 4 minutes or until slightly al dente and drain.
- Melt the butter in pan and add roughly chopped garlic for 1 minute, fry off.
- Add Bourbon Maple Splash, the juice of 1 orange and sugar into pan.
- Add the carrots in a single layer, season with sea salt and black pepper, the jiggle the pan to coat the carrots. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the lid, add garnish and spoon over juices, then cook for a further 5 -10 minutes, or until the glaze has reduced, and the carrots are sticky and caramelised, turning often. Serve straightaway, or reheat when needed.