New season organic sweet potatoes are back! These delicious root veggies are full of vitamins including vitamin C and A (which help support the immune system and fight against aging) and vitamin B (which assists with promoting heart health!)
In this scrumpticous recipe, we topped the baked organic sweet potato with creme fraiche from our local dairy, which is a good source of calcium and probitoics!
Sweet Potatoes- 4 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butte, ghee, or oil of choice.
- sea salt
Topping- ½ cup creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Salt (We used Tweed Real Foods Wild Porcini Salt)
Garnish- 3 tablespoons of shallots, parsley or other herbs of your choosing!
- 2 tablespoons roasted nuts
- 1 teaspoon coconut Chilli Sambal (from The Chilli Chick Shop) for an extra kick!
- Organic red onion (optional)
1. Preheat over to 200 degrees Celsius
2. Wash and scrub the sweet potato with the skin on. Slice the sweet potato lengthwise and place onto a lined baking tray with the cut side face up.
3. Brush with butter, ghee or oil of choice and season with salt
4. Cover with foil, pressing the foil around the edges of the sweet potato to seal them snugly!
5. Bake for 20 minutes then remove the foil and flip the sweet pototes. Cook for another 20 minutes uncovered until tender!
6. In a small bowl combine the cream fraiche, maple syrup, lime juice and pepper. Season with salt as required.
7. Top the cooked sweet potatoes with the cream fraiche dressing and then sprinkle with the herbs, nuts, seasoning, or topping of your choice!