An easy, flavoursome, crowd pleaser with fresh and clean ingredients. The rice adds such a lovely sweetness to the rich, meaty curry.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- Fresh coriander
Stir fried greens:
1. Heat oven to 160C.
2. Heat an oven safe pan to medium heat and add a drizzle of olive oil, along with the curry paste. Fry for a few minutes or until fragrant and the paste starts to darken.
3. Add the chopped chuck steak and cook for a further 5 minutes or until sealed. Add the coconut milk and place the pan in the oven, covered.
4. Cook for 3-4 hours, or until the meat is falling apart and the sauce has reduced.
5. For the rice, thoroughly rinse and add to a saucepan with the coconut milk and water. Bring to the boil and then reduce heat and cover. Cook for 10 minutes or until the coconut milk has evaporated and the rice is cooked. Add to a large serving bowl and mix in the sultanas, chopped almonds and coriander.
6. For the greens, chop the silverbeet and trim and chop the beans into 1cm pieces. Heat a pan and add the olive oil and veggies. Stir until the spinach has wilted, then add the lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
Serve the curry with the rice and greens and enjoy!
Image & Recipe from Jo Kate Nutrition @jokate_nutrition